We are pleased to announce that we have been Voted as Encore’s Best Alternative Medicine in 2017!
Thank you to all of our patients/clients and to everyone who voted for us! We appreciate your support!
We look forward to providing the best alternative health care we can.
Check out the article below, by Shannon Gentry
MCKAY HEALING ARTS—43% VOTES
A study released in 2016 by San Francisco-based Castlight Health company ranked Wilmington as the top city in America for opioid abuse. While it’s been a major issue for local police and healthcare providers to tackle, it’s also one McKay Healing Arts has been monitoring. According to owner Leon McKay, MATOM, LAC, acupuncture can alleviate chronic pain and addiction that have led to the opiate epidemic.
“Acupuncture is effective for most types of pain and very safe,” he explains. “We wish people would think of using acupuncture earlier instead of medication first. We could possibly act as a reducing factor for addiction.”
Acupuncture can be used for almost any type of pain—especially migraines, arthritis, neuropathy, allergies and most chronic pathology. encore readers recognize the value of these nontraditional services, as they voted McKay Healing Arts as Best Alternative Medicine.
For new patients who are curious about alternative medicine, McKay stresses how acupuncture is not painful. To add to his almost two decades of experience as a certified acupuncturist, McKay studied Shaolin Lohan Hands Qi Gong and medical Qi Gong, as well as tai chi for arthritis, all of which are taught at McKay Healing Arts.
“[Acupuncture’s] effectiveness is astounding,” he says. “It’s cost effective and it’s very safe in the hands of a licensed acupuncturist who has years of experience. Qi Gong is easily learned with meditation-like results, which improve health.”
McKay is planning to add another practitioner to his team in 2017, as well as expand Qi Gong treatments at their Wrightsville Avenue location (www.mckayacupuncture.com). —Shannon Gentry
The Last 30 Posts
- Encore Best Of Nominations - November 28, 2017 - 0 comments
- Holiday Open House - November 28, 2017 - 0 comments
- Forrest Yoga - October 27, 2017 - 0 comments
- Forrest Yoga Thursdays 8-9am Tuesdays 4-5pm - October 27, 2017 - 0 comments
- Voted Encore’s BEST of 2017 - October 10, 2017 - 0 comments
- QiGong with Master David Coon Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30 PM - October 4, 2017 - 0 comments
- Learn Qi Gong with Leon McKay Monday 6:15 pm Wednesdays 12-1 pm Thursdays 1-2pm - August 26, 2017 - 0 comments
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction with Jen Johnson - August 1, 2017 - 0 comments
- Restorative Yoga Aug 26 Paula Huffman RYT - July 24, 2017 - 0 comments
- David J. Coon, MQM Medical Qigong Master - June 22, 2017 - 0 comments
- Acupuncture relieves pain in emergency patients - June 19, 2017 - 0 comments
- See the Brain on Acupuncture w MRI - January 18, 2017 - 0 comments
- Do you believe in Acupuncture? Donate here to support Legislation for Insurance Coverage. - January 18, 2017 - 0 comments
- Best of 2016 - October 4, 2016 - 0 comments
- PBS Video Acupuncture and Connective Tissue Research - August 13, 2016 - 0 comments
- Acupuncture Twice as effective and SAFER - June 17, 2016 - 0 comments
- Chair Yoga – Judith Huffman – Wednesdays 10:30am-11:30am - March 7, 2016 - 0 comments
- SUPPORT THE ADDITION OF ACUPUNCTURE TO THE NC STATE EMPLOYEES HEALTH PLAN - July 16, 2015 - 0 comments
- World famous Cleveland Clinic offers Chinese Herbal Therapy. - May 5, 2014 - 0 comments
- How US Healthcare Costs Compare to Other Countries - February 19, 2013 - 0 comments
- Research: Acupuncture Is Both Cost and Medically Effective - December 13, 2012 - 0 comments
- Elizabeth Wilson-Laing Memorial - December 6, 2012 - 0 comments
- CBS News posts Video on Acupuncture Effectiveness - October 9, 2012 - 0 comments
- New Acupuncture Study demonstrate Effectiveness - October 9, 2012 - 0 comments
- New scientific breakthrough proves why acupuncture works - October 5, 2012 - 0 comments
- New Study Proves Acupuncture Effective for Pain - September 12, 2012 - 0 comments
- Massage FAQ - March 5, 2012 - 0 comments
- Acupunture FAQ - March 5, 2012 - 0 comments
- Whats New in Military Medicine - July 28, 2011 - 0 comments
- Serious Warning About Simvastatin (ZOCOR) - July 28, 2011 - 0 comments